Sunday, December 20, 2015

My AE86 Corolla Part 8 - Winter Build/Getting Ready for Spring

With all of the excitement of the car running and driving, I knew that come spring time, I would be ready to take it to the track!

There were a few things that where not working like the tachometer so I added an aftermarket one along with some other gauges and a kill switch for the battery.



The rear of the car in the hatch area has no floor, still, and I wanted to add a floor for the ease of street driving in the future. With some help from a few buddies, we made a cardboard template and cut out the new steel floor and welded it into the rear of the car.










After grinding and adding some sealant, I put on a few coats of paint. Finally, it is starting to become more of a car than a project!

After spending some extra time on the little things, like the idle issue, I had taken the car around the block a few times to be sure things were running well. Now the wait until spring to get signed up for some track time!


No comments:

Post a Comment